Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Art Journaling


























     This is my latest art journal spread. At first I did not like it but now I think it might be one of my favorites!
The page on the left started out by scribbling with crayola crayons. Then I layered on some black gesso and wiped that off before It could dry, Then I reinforced the colors with more crayola crayon and a black sharpie. Last I took my white pen and embellished a little bit!
      The page on the right started out with my adding some old zentangle  pages and then painting with watercolor and gouache - I just love that bright red streak! Then I finished with black circles that sort of reinforce the artwork I think. On the red streak is gold pen handwriting. I hope you enjoyed this pic as much as I enjoyed making the spread! 
      Art journaling is very freeing and actually for me, has a purpose-- I can explore and paint what ever I want- whereas my regular art creation is more refined and has a much more narrow focus.
     My bromeliad painting is coming along -- the next time I blog I hope to show you the finished painting!

Here is a link to how you can start art journaling-- you don't have to be an artist and it is FUN!
 http://www.artistsjournals.com/instruction.htm

    "If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced."
Vincent Van Gogh

No comments: